Coloring Activity Book / Isaac and Rebekah
The Isaac & Rebekah coloring book retells the popular Bible story about Abraham's faithful servant, who trusted God and found a wife for Isaac. The illustrations are designed for children (ages 6-10) to enjoy. Based on the Bible story found in Genesis 24
Click on MORE IMAGES to see a sample of the interior pages.
Illustrated by: Thomas Roy
- Abraham was growing old. His wife Sarah had already died, and now he was worried about his son, Issac. "What will Isaac do when I die too? He has no wife, and he will be so lonely!"
- Abraham called his most trusted servant, Eliezer. "Isaac needs a wife," Abraham said. "I want you to go to my old home where my relatives live and find one for him." Eliezer promised to do his best.
- Eliezer took 10 camels and loaded them with wonderful gifts and all kinds of good things. Then he set out on his journey.
- At last Eliezer came to the town of Nahor, where Abraham's family lived. It was evening, and he stopped to rest by the well, knowing the women would come to get water soon.
- Eliezer wondered how he would find a wife for Isaac in the unfamiliar town. He prayed, "Lord, please give me success today. If I ask a girl for a drink, and she replies, "Drink, and I'll water your camels, too," then let this be a sign that I have found the right girl."
- While Eliezer was still praying, Rebekah came to draw water for her family. She was very beautiful, and she wasn't married. Better yet, she was the daughter of Abraham's relative!
- When Eliezer looked up, he saw beautiful Rebekah. Could God be answering his prayer so soon? Eliezer turned to her and asked, "Will you please give me a little water from your jar?"
- Right away, Rebekah gave him a drink. "I would be happy to water your camels, too," she said. Eliezer could hardly believe his ears! He watched Rebekah as she worked, wondering if this girl could be the one God had chosen for Isaac.
- After the camels were watered, Eliezer asked Rebekah about her family. When she told him who she was and asked him if he would like to stay with them, Eliezer praised God! He gave Rebekah a gift of beautiful jewelry.
- Rebekah was so excited! She ran all the way home and told her family all that had happened. Her brother Laban went to find Eliezer and invited him to their home.
- Eliezer told Rebekah's father and brother about his master Abraham's request. He told how he had prayed and then found Rebekah. After they heard Eliezer's story, they said, "This is from God. Take Rebekah and let her become the wife of your master's son."
- The very next day Eliezer and Rebekah said good-bye to Rebekah's family and began the trip back to Abraham and Isaac's home.
- Isaac was in the field one evening where he had gone to think and pray. He looked up and saw camels coming. He hurried across the field to meet them.
- Eliezer was glad to be home. He told Isaac all about how God helped him find Rebekah. Isaac was so happy that God had given him a wife at last.
- Isaace and Rebekah got married. God blessed them and before long, they had twin sons named Jacob and Esau!
These coloring/activity books are not only fun but also educational. The easy-to-understand text and applicable pictures make Bible stories come alive. Reproducible for home or classroom use.
Packaging: Sold Individually
Size: 8 1/2" X 11" 16 pages
|Description||Coloring Activity Book / (6-10) Isaac and Rebekah|